Re: [exim] How to substitute colon `:' for another character…

Página Inicial
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: My BSD
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] How to substitute colon `:' for another character in maildir_format delivery file name?
On 2006-03-11 at 13:45 -0500, My BSD wrote:
> I was actually not asking about Maildir names, rather, the names of the
> message files that exim saves or writes in the "cur" subdirectory
> of the Maildir.

Exim doesn't really touch the cur/ sub-directory[1].

Exim "only" delivers mails, which for Maildir means that it creates the
file in tmp/ and then renames it into new/; if the files in new/ are
fine and those in cur/ are broken, then it was done after Exim was
involved.

The new/ -> cur/ rename happens when the mail has been seen by the
end-user, so IMAP/POP3 is involved. In Maildir++, the rename doesn't
just move the file from one directory to another, as in Maildir (IIRC),
it also adds various flags to the filename at the same time.

Exim _can_ put extra information onto the filename in new/, including a
colon, if you set maildir_tag on the appendfile transport which does the
delivery; in such a case, the exact format is explicitly in the config
file, since it's whatever the value of maildir_tag expands out to.
Typically, that uses ,S=<size> to put the message's size in the
filename.

[1] White lie:
    Exim will create cur/ if it's not present;
    Exim will scan the stuff in cur/ if you have Exim enforcing quotas;
    Exim doesn't write to any files inside cur/, AFAIK.