RE: [exim] Multiple Instances of Exim

Autor: RC
A: maillist, 'Steffen Heil'
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] Multiple Instances of Exim
This is for inbound transfer.
Outbound transfer is controlled by "interface(s)" option of the smtp
transport.
See: interface in
http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch30.html

>> I have read through the link, but I'm not quite sure where to add the

interface option, unless I'm on the wrong track here...?

The only thing I have under my transports that is even remotely connected to
"smtp" is :-

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

>>> I have altered my transport config to look like this :-

remote_smtp:
driver = smtp
interface = 10.0.0.113

That seems to be working fine when restarting Exim.

As soon as I send some messages through 10.0.0.113 to remote hosts, I
immediately get an :
R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-53): retry time not reached for any host
error.

When I manually do a exim -v -M msgid ,, the message gets delivered by the
other instance of exim running on the primary ip address of the server...

Any ideas on that ?