[exim] Re: Conditional address rewriting

Author: Jürgen Herz
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: Conditional address rewriting
Philip Hazel wrote:

>> Rewriting itself isn't the problem for me, but to apply rewriting to a
>> *sender* depending on the *recipient* is.
>>
>> Any idea?
>
> You have to do it in the transport, and control the routing so that all
> recipients that are handled at once (in a batch) by the transport have
> the same sender rewriting requirements.

Thanks for your answer.
Yes, that's a way to do it. But it's not only complex but also error
prone. It requires to split existing smtp and maildrop transports
together with their routers that are the same besides one condition in
the router.

Exim is very flexible, but here it fails at a not allowed if
match_domain{$domain}{+local_domains} in the source pattern.

Jürgen