[exim] Link Load Balancing

Author: Anakin SkyWalker
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Link Load Balancing
We tried to put our email link into a frame-relay internet channel but we got lots of clients complaining about time delays for incoming messages.
We have a load of ~100K messages a day (in good days, in spam days we reach about 200K). Now we have our email link split into two channels, one of them pretty faster than the first.
We´re using the following config for the queueing exim daemon:

smtp_accept_max_per_connection = 50
smtp_accept_max = 80
smtp_accept_max_per_host = 2
smtp_accept_reserve = 15
smtp_reserve_hosts = 127.0.0.1 : +our_own_nets
receive_timeout = 5m
smtp_receive_timeout = 2m
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 22
remote_max_parallel = 10

Anyone of you have a similar production state? I would like to listen about approaches to optimize my production server.

Thank you.

Yahoo! Mail