Re: [exim] Condition in routers

Autor: Nigel Metheringham
A: Juuso Töytäri
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Condition in routers
[Please don't take threads off the list - for example I pretty much
answer random queries on the list, I don't necessarily want to get
involved in one-to-one support, and when this does happen it means the
solution never gets into the list archives]

On Fri, 2006-03-03 at 14:50 +0200, Juuso Töytäri wrote:
> Well, im not pretty sure because im "new" with exim.
>
> The idea is to handle mails send from mailinglistprogram diffrently to
> normal mail.
> (adding reply-to, errors-to).
>
> So if my way of adding condition to routers section is impossible what
> would be
> the best way of doing this?

Easiest thing is to have the sender address flagged in some way. This
is done for the sample mailman configs which are documented in
http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html

If you look at the section on VERP expansion you will see a router used
purely for outgoing list mail - which detects the mailman sender address
(which can be matched by "*-bounces@*").

    Nigel.