[exim] exim and spamassassin memory problem

Autor: Peter Huesser
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] exim and spamassassin memory problem
Hello together

Since a few weeks I have the problem that the exim queues are growing
terribly large (1000-2000 mails) which delays the delivery of the mails
(users have to wait up to 6-8 hours before getting their mail). The
reason behind it is an increase of memory usage of spamassassin (don't
know why this happens). We use exim to accept mails send them to
spamassassin and deliver them to another mailserver. Is it somehow
possible for exim to let only (let's say) 10 spamassassin checks run
simultaniously ? At the moment the spamassassin router looks like:

router_spamcheck:
no_verify
driver = accept
transport = spamcheck
domains = +relay_to_domains
condition = ${if and{{!eq {$received_protocol}{spam-scanned}}{eq
{$interface_port}{25}}}{true}{false}}

and the corresponding transport

spamcheck:
driver = pipe
command = /usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS
use_bsmtp= true
transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc -u $local_part@$domain
home_directory = "/tmp"
current_directory = "/tmp"