Re: [exim] RCPT Address in DATA?

Autor: Chris Meadors
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] RCPT Address in DATA?
On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 12:32 -0500, Dave Lugo wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Mar 2006, Chris Meadors wrote:
> >

> > Basically prvscheck should expand to an empty string when given a
> > non-signed address, and "yes" when given a signed address. I don't want
> > to do this in the RCPT ACL because it could reject callouts. So I'll
> > wait until after the DATA phase so I know the sender really is committed
> > to sending a message.
>
> Why not do it at pre-DATA?

I had seen discussed previously on this list, that some MTAs may not
like a 550 in response to the DATA command itself. I'm not so short on
resources that I can't afford to take in the message data before I
reject. I do this test before the anti-virus or spam scanning so it is
just bandwidth I'm burning.

Still I'd be curious if anyone is rejecting in predata and the any
observations they have made about how other MTAs behave in that
situation.

> > Is there anyway I can get access to the full RCPT address while in DATA?
> >

> I think you can derive it from $recipients - one thing to keep in mind is,
> that $recipients can contain more than one address. While null-sender
> items should have a single recipient, I suspect it's possible for a
> spammer or crapware to try to send to multiple rcpts at once.

Duh, I've been all over the spex.txt this morning, and I don't know how
I missed that. But it works perfectly now.

As for spam- crapware getting denied on the second RCPT command after an
empty sender, I just consider that an added bonus.

Thanks,
Chris