RE: [exim] SA causing Exim 421 timeout/frozen messages

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Bradley Walker
To: exim-users
Betreff: RE: [exim] SA causing Exim 421 timeout/frozen messages
My question is, what triggers exim to give a 421 BSMTP error?

**

From my own personal experience, two things have been happening with spam.

1.) Email is rejected and sent back to the sender, *NOT* as spam, but as
421 BSMTP timeout errors. It looks like the end user didn't exsist and
email is bouncing back, instead of a 500 or 550 error, it's the 421 error.

2.) Other users complained that email simply never arrived. That is when I
searched the exim queue and noticed emails being frozen there. Spam mails
and very legitimate mails as well. All of these have BSMTP 421 timeout
errors written to the email body to notify the sender.

3.) It also seems that some email just vanishes. I'm suspecting that this
email is really bouncing back to the sender but the sender trashes it
thinking it's spam.