Re: [exim] SA causing Exim 421 timeout/frozen messages

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] SA causing Exim 421 timeout/frozen messages
Peter Bowyer wrote:

> On 28/02/06, Bradley Walker <bawalker@???> wrote:
>
>>Currently I use an exim.conf file that is pre-created/released by the
>>webhosting control panel software makers and also created by Jeff Lasman who

*trim*

> It's always difficult to give useful support to users of the various
> auto-generated config systems which use Exim, because (and this is no
> criticism of yourself) the user hasn't written the config themselves
> and so is unable to answer all the 'show us your xxx router' and 'why
> did you write it like that' questions that inevitably follow, and it's
> also often difficult to make small changes to the config for debug
> purposes without breaking the auto config mechanism.
>
> Hence Bill's suggestion to go back to grass roots with a new config.
>
> Peter

And - to extrapolate - always seek advice for 'published' but
not mainstream special configs from the originator/proponent, be
that Debian+Exim, or, in this case, Jeff.

Others may not only not lack requisite familiarity, but may not
even understand the approach - or agree with it.

The more one mixes and matches the work of others, the greater
the necessity for developing one's own understanding how each
part works and how they integrate (or not).

As my wife described one of my attempts at Cantonese cooking:

"What you have just done is like putting beef gravy on chocolate
ice cream".

Each is fine on its own, but some combinations don't work well.
;-)

Bill