[exim] Finding a couple of lost (in the exim spool) messages

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Seb James
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [exim] Finding a couple of lost (in the exim spool) messages
Hello list,

I'm hoping for a little advice on locating a couple of messages which
won't deliver and removing them. I've had a look at the utilities but
can't find one which will locate the message.

The messages are most likely spam which have failed to relay through
exim. I just want to remove them from the queue. Here is info from the
logs on the messages:

exim mainlog/rejectlog (same messages in each log)
2005-07-04 09:26:07 H=localhost [127.0.0.1] U=seb sender verify defer for <bloodstaink'srentberate@???>: host lookup did not complete
2005-07-04 09:26:07 H=localhost [127.0.0.1] U=seb F=<bloodstaink'srentberate@???> temporarily rejected RCPT <seb@localhost>: Could not complete sender verify
2005-07-08 20:15:47 H=localhost [127.0.0.1] U=seb sender verify defer for <terrainleobible@???>: host lookup did not complete
2005-07-08 20:15:47 H=localhost [127.0.0.1] U=seb F=<terrainleobible@???> temporarily rejected RCPT <seb@localhost>: Could not complete sender verify

/var/log/messages
-----------------
Feb 28 11:02:34 circle named[7110]: lame server resolving 'acoolemail.com' (in 'acoolemail.com'?): 72.3.235.21#53
Feb 28 11:02:35 circle named[7110]: lame server resolving 'usanetmail.com' (in 'usanetmail.com'?): 165.212.55.54#53

I'm running two exim processes, an input and an output queue:

[root@circle 11:26:03 log]$ exiwhat
7933 daemon: no queue runs, listening for SMTP
7935 daemon: -q15m, not listening

I've tried exim_tidydb:

[root@circle 14:27:36 ~]$ exim_tidydb /var/spool/exim wait-remote_smtp
Tidying Exim hints database /var/spool/exim/db/wait-remote_smtp
Tidying complete
[root@circle 14:27:41 ~]$ exim_tidydb /var/spool/exim retry
Tidying Exim hints database /var/spool/exim/db/retry
Tidying complete
[root@circle 14:27:48 ~]$ exim_tidydb /var/spool/exim.in retry
Tidying Exim hints database /var/spool/exim.in/db/retry
** Failed to open database lock file /var/spool/exim.in/db/retry.lockfile: No such file or directory
[root@circle 14:27:51 ~]$ exim_tidydb /var/spool/exim.in wait-remote_smtp
Tidying Exim hints database /var/spool/exim.in/db/wait-remote_smtp
** Failed to open database lock file /var/spool/exim.in/db/wait-remote_smtp.lockfile: No such file or directory

Anyone know the incantation to find my stray spam??

regards,

Seb James
--
Embedded Software Foundry Ltd. 'Embedded Linux Development'
Tel: +44 (0)845 4580277 Web: http://www.esfnet.co.uk/