RE: [exim] problems with host authentication (no IP addressf…

Autor: martin.dm.hull
A: exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [exim] problems with host authentication (no IP addressfound forhost ...)
Guys
Many thanks for your comments.
This 'feature' has bitten me in the ass big time. I can't begin to
describe the grief that this is causing.
I just wish that the documentation was very clear and specific about the
impact of having incorrect DNS and some pointers for how to handle with
this.
thanks,
Martin
I'm running 5 marathons for charity this year - why not sponsor me at
http://www.justgiving.com/martinhull/

addressfound
> for host ...)
>
> Richard Clayton wrote:
> > >IIRC, exim only accepts the name from rDNS if the DNS of that name
> matches
> > >the IP.
> >
> > that's precisely what the original poster was complaining about :(
>
> Ah, I didn't read his question too good then.
>
> > I was explaining the reasoning behind the change since exim3 ... and

why
> > one would not wish to try and "fix it"
>
> Well, if they want to fix that "bug", then they shouldn't complain

when it