RE: [exim] SA causing Exim 421 timeout/frozen messages

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Bradley Walker
To: exim-users
題目: RE: [exim] SA causing Exim 421 timeout/frozen messages
Thanks for that info, I'll add that during off business hours so as not to
affect clients.

I posted on the SA mailing list and they basically said based on what I
wrote, "It's exim's fault".

Right now I'm still not 100% sure who's "fault" it is. The main symptoms I
am seeing are:

1.) local users sending email to other local users getting the email
bounced back with a 421 BSMTP timeout error
2.) external users sending mail to local users getting email bounced back
with 421 BSMTP timeout errors.
3.) *a lot* of email is getting frozen in the exim queue. They all have
421 BMSTP timeout errors written to them.
4.) 20% or less of the email is getting through to the destination.
5.) Sending email to an external network is 100% effective since I'm using
vm-pop3.

I'm trying to read up and figure out what exactly is happening as soon as an
email hits the server, how Exim is processing it, how Exim accesses SA and
passes the email around. Based on all of the mainlogs I've been reading of
exim, I don't think it's SA timing out on an email per say. But I could be
very wrong on that tho.