Re: [exim] Something I wish SMTP had ....

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Richard Clayton
To: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Something I wish SMTP had ....
In message <440068DB.1040700@???>, Marc Perkel <marc@???>
writes

>One thing that would be nice in the SMTP protocol is a redirect response
>so that when a message came in you could tell the sending server to go
>to a different host to deliver the email.

See #3.2 in RFC821 and then the careful commentary about it in #3.4 of
RFC2821.... ie: you consider the use of 251 or 551

You will probably very promptly conclude it's a waste of time because
no-one ever takes any notice of it, but YMMV.

>That way you could dynamically
>point mail to spam filters which would then clean the email and send it
>back.

ROFL

>Wonder what it would take to get the SMTP protocol changed?

You should start by becoming emperor of the world, after that it
shouldn't take more than a few decades

>It
>could be an extremely useful feature.

It's there already, no-one uses it, go figure!

- --
richard                                                   Richard Clayton

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. Benjamin Franklin 11 Nov 1755