Re: Re: [exim] Exim: smart_route / routing based on From:

Autor: Phil Pennock
A: ml
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: Re: [exim] Exim: smart_route / routing based on From:
On 2006-02-24 at 08:18 +0100, ml@??? wrote:
> My config now looks like:

> addresslist senders_to_xyz = user1@xyz : user2@xyz

> smart_route_xyz:
>    condition = ${if match_address{${address:$h_from}}{+senders_to_xyz} {yes}{no}}
>    driver = manualroute
>    transport = remote_smtp
>    route_list = "* mailserverA"

> Exim does send Mails but the smart_route´s do not work; instead I see the following exim´s Logfile:
>
> 2006-02-24 08:13:51 1FCX9D-0004nP-9U <= foo@baa U=ops P=local S=359
> 2006-02-24 08:13:51 1FCX9D-0004nP-9U failed to expand condition "${if match_address{${address:$h_from}}{+senders_to_xyz} {yes}{no}}" for smart_route_xyz router: missing 2nd string in {} after "match_address"
> 2006-02-24 08:13:51 1FCX9D-0004nP-9U => user1@xyz R=smart_route T=remote_smtp H=mailserverB
> 2006-02-24 08:13:51 1FCX9D-0004nP-9U Completed

I might need more coffee, but that config looks fine to me.

The best I can think of is that your "real" config has a spelling
mistake, so that you spell senders_to_xyz one way in the addresslist and
the other way in the condition, so that an empty addresslist is being
filled in.

If those are both spelled the same, with whatever name you're using
instead of "senders_to_xyz", then what version of Exim are you using?

match_address was added in Exim 4.33, so you need to be running at least
that.

Erk! Looking at the ChangeLog for Exim 4.60, you definitely want to
upgrade to that if you're using an older version, because of a possible
crash bug (but without re-checking the docs, I think that a bare
left-hand-side in From: will have been qualified first, so you might be
safe. Better to update).
--
I am keeping international relations on a peaceable footing.
You are biding your time before acting.