Re: [exim] "Safe" dnslist

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: W B Hacker
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] "Safe" dnslist
Stian Jordet wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering, what's the "safest" dns blacklist? I know they're
> never fool-proof, but what lists are people on the list using to deny
> mail?
>
> Best regards,
> Stian

If there was one always-best answer to that question, there
would probably be far fewer blacklists... (100+??)

But if we 'could have only one' it would probaby be:

sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org

At the other end of the spectrum, one we consider pointless is:

dsn.rfc-ignorant.org

- because anything *meaningful* carried there can be detected
with Exim's own tests without need of a remote call, and will
catch entities not yet in the blacklist as well.

SpamAssassin will check a number of blacklists unless otherwise
configured. Both the list selection and what to do about a
'hit' change over time.

A look at the current SpamAssassin configuration and scoring
files. "20_dnsbl_tests.cf" in particular, may give you a
reasonable starting point - even if you do not otherwise use
SpamAssassin.

HTH,

Bill