Re: [exim] Setting up Exim for sending mails via SMTP using …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Setting up Exim for sending mails via SMTP using authentication
On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 12:01:46PM +0530, Hemanshu Narsana said:
> I need help, please.
>

> I am trying to set up a Twiki on Debian, and for registering users,
> sending out news, etc through the twiki, I need an MTA setup. The way I
> want this to be set up is like this:
>

> The mail server needs to catch mails sent by twiki, and then send them
> using our company's SMTP server (xxx.yyy.veritas.com). This SMTP server
> needs authentication (username & password). HOW do I set up exim to
> manage this and use our company's SMTP server to send out emails? I
> don't need exim to receive any emails, just send via this SMTP server.
> Any help will be highly appreciated!?

For Debian specific configuration issues,
pkg-exim4-users@??? is probably going to be most
helpful for you. That being said, dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config will
let you choose a smarthost option, which is what it sounds like you
want. Then read /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/README.SMTP-AUTH for details
of how to set up the authentication.

Take care,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Mr. Rockford?  You don't know me, but   |
|  steve@???             | I'd like to hire you.  Could you call   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | me at...  My name is... uh...  Never    |
|                                | mind, forget it!   -- "The Rockford     |
|                                | Files"                                  |