[exim] Exim Config Issues

Author: Koa McCullough
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Exim Config Issues
Hello all,

Here is my problem:

    We have a server that hosts multiple sites via IP aliasing so we
would also like Exim to serve the same site/IP pairs that apache does.
At this time I have very little control over the server itself so
setting this up with chroot is not an option.  In other word I'm trying
to fix someone else's mess.  Currently the the command line tool mail
works about 50% of the time to send new messages.  When it fails the
exim_mainlog gets the following message:

2006-02-18 11:31:04 1FAVuD-0003fi-4D == smith@??? R=lookuphost
T=remote_smtp defer (0): SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL
FROM:<test_usr@tmp_site.com> SIZE=2451: host matrix.com [70.86.251.85]:
451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address test_usr@tmp_site.com does not resolve

It looks like that last part "Domain of sender address
test_usr@tmp_site.com does not resolve", but as I said, for some emails
it does work, so I don't understand why the sender address would resolve
with some emails, but not all.

Has anyone scene this before? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Koa