[exim] Re: no reply to STARTTLS

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: no reply to STARTTLS
Jürgen Herz <jherz@???> wrote:
[...]
> Now I'm quite puzzled, but after some searches it looks like a common
> problem. ldd says exim4 is linked against libgnutls.so.11 as well as
> libssl.so.0.9.7.

[...]

That's because ldd lists indirect linking. e.g. for exim this can be
caused by:

exim linked against gnutls
exim linked against libpq.so.3 (Postgresql)
libpq.so.3 linked against libssl

Use
objdump -p /usr/sbin/exim4 | grep NEEDED
to only list direct dependencies.
              cu andreas
--
The 'Galactic Cleaning' policy undertaken by Emperor Zhark is a personal
vision of the emperor's, and its inclusion in this work does not constitute