Re: [exim] Reject Straight After Data Command

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Reject Straight After Data Command
On 16/02/06, Craig Whitmore <lennon@???> wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I am waiting to reject If the Data Command is said under a conditional. At
> the moment I have
> to wait until the \n.\n is said, but rejecting on the act DATA command would
> be great.
> I am playing with BATV and I would like to reject on <> ONLY if the data is
> sent as well
> (so callbacks and BATV work together). The below rules stop alot of bounces
> (from people
> sending out from your domain), but still allows callbacks to work.
>
> MAIL FROM: <>
> RCPT TO: user@???
> QUIT
> callback works (as its a call back and it had no data)
>
> and
>
> MAIL FROM: <>
> RCPT TO: user@???
> DATA
> .
> (give reject as the rcpt is from <> AND its sent directly to a username AND
> there is data). I want to reject if the data line it said, not after the .

I wondered when this question would show up here - been reading your
thread on the SPF list....

If you look at section 39.5 of the Fine spec.txt, you'll see that
there's an ACL called 'acl_smtp_predata', which runs straight after
the 'DATA' command is received.

I would worry a little about using a DENY here, though, as handling
anything other than 3XX in response to DATA is probably something
which many MTA writers have skimped when it comes to testing - you
might uncover some bugs in other folks' MTAs. (Not in Exim, I'm
sure...)

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer