Re: [exim] want to skip dspam router

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] want to skip dspam router
Brent Clark wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I would like to run something quickly among the list, just in case I
> have not thought something through.
>
> I have a router as so

*trimmed* (lots of code..)

> If anyone would be so kind as to over look this and perhaps share with
> me as too how I can enhance on this, I would be most grateful.
>
> Kind Regards
> Brent Clark
>
> P.s. The email address will be picked up by the router localuser.

I'd simplify it, rather than enhance it.

- we set a flag in a 'connection' acl variable - acl_c(x) to
zero at the beginning of 'connect' (perhaps superfluous, but safe.)

- depending on arrival port, protocol, whitelist lookup, or
any other test you choose, replace or alter that value.

- at *several* places, one can then check the integer to see
if that 'class' of client has a given acl applied, is given a
free-pass for the particular acl, or is skipped over an entire
group of tests ('endpass'). Very simple test, and not locked-in
to any specific built-in or cached/not cached result(s).

Quite flexible, and perhaps lighter on resources even if only
one test is to be made.

As the needs always seem to grow, having a 'personality' code
that travels with each connection and can be logged is handy.

HTH,

Bill