Re: [exim] 30 second wait for protocol timeout exceeded

Autor: Daniel Tiefnig
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] 30 second wait for protocol timeout exceeded
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-15 at 16:36 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
>> Do you think I should change the default to 5s?
>
> Personally, yes. I don't think there are many sites for whom that is
> both useful and they don't come back within 5 seconds.

I'd vote to disable ident lookups by default if noone stands up shouting
"ident lookups are great, don't turn them off!". Considering these DO
cause problems for the unwary, (allthough 5sec wouldn't be as bad as
30sec are) one may argue people that want ident lookups should activate
them deliberately.

Just my thoughts,
daniel