Re: [exim] Strange Sender Verification behaviour

Author: Renaud Allard
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange Sender Verification behaviour
All the servers I have been able to identify with this kind of log seem
to have the same version number. I guess they don't regard this as a
problem but more of a "feature" which is used to prevent spam because
they are refusing mails when 1 recipient is wrong.
What is funny is that on their page, they claim to verify remote servers
SMTP compliance while they are not compliant themselves.

I don't think I will bother modifying my configuration for the small
amount of people using this kind of server. After all, they are not SMTP
compliant, so I don't see much interest in modifying my config while
_they_ should modify theirs.

In fact, the biggest trouble I had with this issue is automatically
reporting to rfc-ignorant.org wrong domains, due to a reject at "MAIL
FROM" time. Now that I know that it's not exim's fault and this can
be reproduced, I just modified my rfc-ignorant script.