Re: [exim] When to use dns block lists

Autor: Chris Knadle
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] When to use dns block lists
On Sunday 12 February 2006 05:54, John Oxley wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 09:23:40AM -0500, Marc Sherman wrote:
> > Sub Zero wrote:
>> Is there any reason why I shouldn't use dns block
>> lists in the acl_smtp_connect?
>
> You might want people to be able to contact
> postmaster in case of an incorrect blacklisting.

> > > They might use gmail/yahoo etc if they really need to.. right?
> >
> > That policy is rather likely to land you on a blacklist yourself.
>
> How will using gmail/yahoo land you on a blacklist?

The thinking of blocking even the postmaster address thinking "they can use
gmail/yahoo", akin to "let them eat cake", that's of issue.

   If your system does not accept mail to the postmaster address, you culd be
listed on some RBLs...  like this one:
    http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/

    - Chris

--