Re: [exim] Strange Sender Verification behaviour

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Renaud Allard
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange Sender Verification behaviour
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Renaud Allard wrote:

> Indeed, these lines show what I would expect exim to show in my logs.
> But in the case of a sender callout/random, it seems it does not, it
> seems it logs a refusal on "MAIL TO" instead of "RCPT TO".
> What I tested is what you asked me to test, namely, send a mail to
> <mail.llorien.org-1139481506-testing@???>. And, in this
> case, the remote server aswered correctly, and exim logged everything
> fine. However the sender callout option doesn't seem to log things that way.

My apologies. I hadn't noticed that the problem was concerned with
callouts at all. (I'm getting old, and with such a busy list I do tend
to skim a lot. That's my excuse, anyway. :-)

I will take a further look at this problem in the callout context next
week. Meanwhile, if you can run debugging tests that show the problem,
it will make my job easier.