Re: [exim] smtp authorization test via telnet?

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] smtp authorization test via telnet?
On 10 Feb 2006 at 14:29, meburke@??? wrote about
    "Re: [exim] smtp authorization test ":

| Very interesting. Thank you for the script. I presume, then, that exim will
| accept the username and password on one line for LOGIN,

Accepts it, yes. See the comments in spec.txt in the section "The
LOGIN authentication mechanism". But normal clients will not send
both at once.

| while the other most
| popular MTA's I work with (qmail and sendmail) prompt for a password. Is that
| correct? If that is so, how do I set it in exim? The cPanel servers I work on
| all prompt for a password.

So will exim, if the client sends one datum at a time as expected.
Are you having a problem?

- Fred