Re: [exim] Strange Sender Verification behaviour

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Renaud Allard
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange Sender Verification behaviour
On Fri, 10 Feb 2006, Renaud Allard wrote:

> Which is the output I expected in the logs, namely failed after "RCPT
> TO:" not after "MAIL FROM:".
>
> I attached the full debug output.

Thank you. It shows that Exim certainly *thinks* it is writing what it
should, from these lines (lines 295-296 in the debug file, linewrapped
here):

LOG: MAIN
** mail.llorien.org-1139481506-testing@???
R=dnslookup_signed T=remote_smtp_signed: SMTP error from remote mail server
after RCPT TO:<mail.llorien.org-1139481506-testing@???>:
host calligate2.cali.co.uk [62.172.47.141]:
550 5.1.1 <mail.llorien.org-1139481506-testing@???> is not
a valid mailbox

Have you looked at the log contents that correspond to this? I find it
very hard to believe that Exim is writing one thing to the debug output
(and the bounce message) and a different thing to the log file.