Re: [exim] Dealing with "broken" mta

Author: Rafa
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Dealing with "broken" mta
On 2/9/06, Jakob Hirsch <jh@???> wrote:

> > 3. Write my own recipient verification program and call it from an ACL
> > using "run" or "readsocket". I think I'm going to do this anyway as
>
> Which will not work if their server is down, and that's just the time a
> backup mx is needed. Except for some spammers using the lower priority MXs
> by default assuming that they have looser spam checking.

Indeed. Actually, I was thinking of keeping a chache of verifications
(kinda like exim does). But I agree it's a bad idea. Worse, it would be a
technological crutch to an administrative problem.

I've already manage to schedule a meeting with them. I'll try to get them
to both, fix their setup and give me their user list. Strongarming might
not even be necesary (hopefuly).

Thanks for your (and Philip Hazel) input.

Regards