[exim] Re: Debian uucp

Autor: Joerg Sommer
A: exim-users
Assumpte: [exim] Re: Debian uucp
Hello Jakob,

Jakob Hirsch <jh@???> wrote:
> Joerg Sommer wrote:
>
>>> require_files = $local_part:$home/.forward
>> I don't think this helps.
>
> Why not? It's a precondition, so the router will not run (and therefore
> not defer) if ~/.forward is not accessible.

As I understand the spec the check is only if the user exists (in
/etc/passwd). This is always valid, because uucp is part of the default
passwd as I saw on a clean sarge -- maybe this changed someone post
sarge.

>> The fault is the user uucp is created by the
>> default installation, but not his home.
>
> No, the fault is not having users with invalid home directories in
> /etc/aliases. Or a userforward router with possible failure that is run
> before the system aliases router.
> Both are not faults of Exim or Debian.

I would say Debian should add uucp to its alias file. Otherwise the
default installation would fail.

Bye, Jörg.
--
at lilo press tab key | an Luftmatratzenpressetabulatorschlüssel
(Übersetzung von Personal Translator 2000)