[exim] routing a mailing list - strange things happened

Author: Laurent RISSE
Hi all,

a strange thing is happening currently using some mailing list on my site:

We are running Exim 4.42 with Berkeley DB 4.0.14 enaled hosted on a
Debian 3.1 linux system, we are using DBM aliases files for our users.

We are using some distribution lists (alias expansions mechanism) with
Exim, and we discovered a strange thing:

This distribution list is, for example "mydistributionlist@???"

10 people are defined using this alias:

mydistributionlist:    people1@???,
people2@???,
people3@???,
.
.
.
people10@???

Distribution list is DBM build in an alias file called aliases_mailing.db

When testing using exim debug mode, all recipients are routed (so also
expanded and treated) correctly.

When sending a mail to the list, all recipients get the message, but
when a recipient [which is also defined in the mailing list (expanded
correctly)] is also added into the "TO" or "CC" mail client (using both
ThunderBird and Outlook; for example
TO:mydistributionlist@???,people1@???), this user doesn't
receive the mail !!

Please note that we are using the "data" option to do some virtual
domain replacement during the routing process.

Has anyone had this type of issue ? how can it be solved ?

Thanks for your support and help

Best regards

Laurent
-------