[exim] RE:

Author: Richard Dunne
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] RE:

_____

From: Richard Dunne [mailto:Richard.Dunne@dit.ie]
Sent: 09 February 2006 09:33
To: 'exim-users@???'

Hi

I'm trying to get a mailscanner working . I have exim4 mailscanner and
mailwatch all installed. But I cant get exim to mail any thing out side its
self to mail server in its own subnet. . To local mail servers or any thing.
I think I have made a problem with routers or something on exim. I can not
find many changes..

The error I get is

2006-02-08 15:20:27 1F63q9-0002NE-EV == rdun@???
R=dnslookup_relay_to_domains T=remote_smtp defer (111): Connection refused

I have added mail.dit.ie to my relay list using dpkg-reconfigure
exim4-config. I got the same error when it was not on the list.

I then get the error:

-53): retry time not reached for any host. Which I can remove buy cleaning
up the exim database.

I know it some thing small , but I cant see the woods from the trees

Richard Dunne

Systems Administrator

Information Services Dept

Dublin Institute of Technology

Aungier Street

402 3177 - Desk

Richard.Dunne@???

www.dit.ie/is

--
This message has been scanned for content and
viruses by the DIT Information Services MailScanner