[exim] Re: smtp authorization test via telnet?

Author: meburke
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Re: smtp authorization test via telnet?
Thank you all for your help! I entirely missed the log_selector parameter and I
misunderstood what I read about the -bh options (probably as a result of trying
to eat too much in one meal).

Jakob wrote: (in response to POP-before-SMTP)

> You can have that with Exim, too, but I'd rather not support obsolete hacks.

Jakob,

If you have a couple of minutes, can you direct me to a list or discussion of
the pros and cons on this? Or, alternatively, can you give me a short version
of your thinking on this? (Off list is fine.)

Thank you all again for your help.

Mike Burke