Re: [exim] exim listens on http port

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] exim listens on http port
On 07/02/06, Juhasz Peter Karoly <stone@???> wrote:
> hello,
>
> today when i restarted my apache it couldn't bint to https and http ports,
> i found out that exim listens on that ports, after i killed the process i
> could start apache and everything worked fine. but is still don't know
> what was it. i found a thread on exim-users about the same thing but
> didn't found the cause / solution.

Exim *could* do that if you told it to in the config
(daemon_smtp_ports) or on the command line (-oX nn). But it wouldn't
do it otherwise.

On some OSs there's a option in netstat to tell you what process is
listening on a port - I suggest you have a go with that. Smart money
says it's not Exim getting in the way of Apache.

netstat -pan springs to mind, please check your docs.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???