Re: [exim] Re: smtp authorization test via telnet?

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Re: smtp authorization test via telnet?
On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 02:37:21PM -0600, meburke@??? said:
> Marc wrote:
>
> With the other MTA's I test, I can emulate the account I'm mailing from and see
> the results in gory detail. I haven't found a way to do that yet using exim, so
> I thought I'd ask here since this group seems well-informed.

from the command line:
exim -bhc <some.remote.ip>

run an smtp session, watch in detail as your acl's are analyzed and the
answer is made clear. Add various -d options (+lookup, +route, etc -
it's in the manpage) for more detail.

I can't think of another MTA that supplies this level of detail about
it's internals.

> And my third question stems from the need for more detail in the log files.

log_selector = +all

This is in spec.txt.
|  Stephen Gran                  | He that bringeth a present, findeth the |
|  steve@???             | door open.   -- Scottish proverb.       |