Re: [exim] Is there a way to automatically resend email thro…

Página Inicial
Autor: Stephen Gran
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Is there a way to automatically resend email throughdifferent gateway?
On Mon, Feb 06, 2006 at 10:06:48AM +0100, Giuliano Gavazzi said:

> On 6 Feb 2006, at 01:08, Stephen Gran wrote:
>
> >the helo name matches the rdns
>
> this is not such a good (or justified) criterium.
> The HELO should match the IP, via forward DNS.
> It will match the rDNS by way of DNS consistency,
> but this is not the root requirement, it is just a corollary.

Well, at the moment of HELO, I have the IP address of the machine
connecting, and what they say in helo. The only thing I have to check
the helo data against is the rDNS of the IP address making the
connection.

But, I'm not hugely interested in arguing about it; my only point was
that, from my point of view, a reasonably configured mail server, should
match all of helo data, forward DNS, and rDNS. I really don't care
which is the prime mover in this circumstance.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Screw up your courage!  You've screwed  |
|  steve@???             | up everything else.                     |