Re: [exim] routers using result of helo check in acl

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users @ exim. org
Subject: Re: [exim] routers using result of helo check in acl
martin.dm.hull@??? wrote:
> Hi
> I would like to use a helo verify check in the rcpt acl. For mail that passes, I would like to deliver using a normal dnslookup router, but rather than reject those who fail the helo verify check, I would like to forward them to another mail server where they could be scanned for virus/spam but I don't know how to do this second bit.
> Can this be done and how?

- Don't do it in the rcpt acl, you'll be repeating it during
multi-recipient messages. A helo acl is the logical place
(unless you also want this behaviour to be recipient-dependent).

- Set a variable, e.g. acl_c0, depending on the helo verify,
then condition the first of two routers with a test on it.

- Jeremy