Re: [exim] Is there a way to automatically resend email thro…

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Is there a way to automatically resend email throughdifferent gateway?
Leonardo Boselli wrote:
> Il 5 Feb 2006 alle 16:21 Marc Sherman immise in rete
>> Many servers will simply drop your traffic silently, or quarantine it.
> I think this would break the rules ... one is free to not accept a message,
> but once accepted have to be delivered or bounced.

I'm not saying they _should_ be dropping his traffic; I'm saying they
_do_. Running a reliable mail server is in many ways a pragmatic task,
not a legalistic one. Adam and Daevid can rail at the operators of
those servers all they like about following the rules, but that's not
going to get their mail delivered. Routing all mail through a
non-blacklisted smarthost, on the other hand, will.

- Marc