Re: [exim] Need to generate a "reject" message with correct …

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Kenevel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Need to generate a "reject" message with correct headers
On Fri, 3 Feb 2006, Kenevel wrote:

> Following on from this, surely the VERP section in the documentation needs
> revisiting if setting return_path is redundant?

I have not followed the details of this thread, but, for a message
delivered over SMTP, you can change the return path *either* by an
errors_to setting on a router *or* on a return_path on a transport.
Section 44.3 chooses to describe the latter way of doing it.

Why the two methods? Well, errors_to allows you to change this field for
all cases - whatever happens to the address aftewards (be it redirected,
delivered locally, or delivered remotely), whereas return_path allows
you to change this field for just those deliveries that go out through
the one particular transport.