[exim] Need to generate a "reject" message with correct head…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Kenevel
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Need to generate a "reject" message with correct headers
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been covered before or is indeed included in the
online docs. If so, my apologies for failing to do my homework before
posting.

I have a Java web-app through which a club administrator can send out an
invite to someone via email. The "reply-to" address is currently set to a
"noreply", non-existent mailbox, so if someone does try to reply, their
email should bounce and they should be aware that this has happened.

However, sometimes the invitation email is undeliverable (I had a couple
bounce off Yahoo today) and would like to be able to do two things:

    a) capture the undeliverable notifications but bounce
    replies by a human user to a properly-delivered invitation

    b) add an identifier to each invitation email, which is
    invisible to the addressee, but which is reliably included
    in an "undeliverable" notification

Could you advise on the best strategy to deal with this using Exim? In
particular I'd appreciate your thoughts on

- which headers could I expect to be set in an undeliverable notification so
that I can differentiate between one that is undeliverable and one that
someone has just replied to? What sort of thing would I need in my config to
route these?

- how would you include an invitation "identifier"? Could I add a header to
the original invitation and then parse for this? Or would you simply advise
me to match the original addressee's email to one in my database?

Thanks very much for reading this far!

Cheers

Michael