Re: [exim] Infinite Loop With 'no such address'

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Infinite Loop With 'no such address'
Burhan Khalid wrote:

> I already had a feeling these were the only two options. I guess I'll
> have to have a word with the client since the IP is shared against an
> entire office.

It sounds like you might be having this problem with an MUA submission,
and you're responding to the bogus address with a 5xx failure in the
RCPT acl. Generally speaking, MUAs can not be trusted to handle 4xx or
5xx failures correctly, leading to things like infinite retries from the
MUA outbox. For this reason, it's usually preferred to accept and
bounce in local submission mode. Just make sure you've got a confirmed
envelope-from address to send a bounce to before accepting the message.
A good way to do that is to require authenticated submission, and use
control=submission to have exim rewrite the envelope-from address to
$authenticated_id@$qualify_domain.

- Marc