Re: [exim] Running exim as a user with no username

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Running exim as a user with no username
On Saturday 28 January 2006 11:13, Mike Cardwell wrote:
> >> That is an option yes,
> >> but the point of my email was to try and find an alternative solution
> >> that would allow me to turn it off.
> >
> > Why not, periodically or on-change, export a copy of the relevent fields
> > of the AD to a flat-file or CDB (optionally via LDAP) whenever AD *is*
> > working
> > (if it can be said to *ever* work) ... and set to Exim use that file/DB?
>
> That would probably work yes. Sounds like more of a nasty hack than I
> was wanting to go with though.

Another way of doing this would be to run OpenLDAP locally on the mail
server and replicate the necessary entries from AD. This way the only thing
that needs altering would be where the lookups would occur, and the only time
the link to AD has to be there is for the periodic sync of the two
directories.

It's still basically the same idea -- having a local mirror of the
directory in case the link goes down [or so that the AD box can be rebooted].

    - Chris

--

Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@???