Re: [exim] Query regarding docs for 4.60

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Gary Palmer
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Query regarding docs for 4.60
On Sat, 28 Jan 2006, Gary Palmer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was reading the docs (I know, shocking) and came across this bit at this
> link:
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch05.html#id2533742*
>
> -oMr* </protocol name/>
>
>    See *-oMa* above for general remarks about the *-oM* options. The
>    *-oMr* option sets the received protocol value that is stored in
>    /$received_protocol/. However, this applies only when *-bs* is not
>    used. For interactive SMTP input (*-bs*), the protocol is always
>    ?local-? followed by one of the standard SMTP protocol names (see
>    the description of /$received_protocol/ in section 11.9). For *-bS*
>    (batch SMTP) however, the protocol can be set by <<*-oMr*.

> I'm wondering if the "<<" is meant to be there and represent the fact that it
> should be sent as part of the input stream to exim, or if it is still a
> command line option and the "<<" have appeared magically?

No, it's not meant to be there. This is a typo introduced in the change
to the new way of producing the documents. In fact, I've been working
this week on re-doing the 4.60 docs using yet another way of generating
XML, and also checking them thoroughly. I spotted that error when I was
editing.

I hope to re-release the 4.60 documents by the end of next week. They
should contain fewer typos and infelicities (such as blank lines in the
middle of paragraphs).