Re: [exim] accept hosts = :

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Philip Hazel
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Jason Meers
Kopio: exim-users, Chad Leigh
Aihe: Re: [exim] accept hosts = :
On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Jason Meers wrote:

> I feel uncomfortable with it too and sometimes used to add the fqdn of
> the exim server itself as if it were a "trusted domain". I think just
> adding 127.0.0.1 as a trusted host would achieve the same.

No, it would not. That would only catch messages submitted via TCP/IP to
127.0.0.1. Processes on the Exim box can submit messages without using
TCP/IP at all. For example:

exim -bm
exim -bs
exim -bS

> I'd be interested in seeing the "official" answer to this too.

It's given in the manual reference that the OP quoted. A message has an
empty associated $sender_host_address (which is what this is testing) if
it was submitted by a process on the local host without using TCP/IP.