[exim] Help With Exim Argument

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Michael Johnson
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Help With Exim Argument
Hi Gang

I really like using Exim, and recommend it in most cases. However,
I've started working at a place where they're using Postfix. They
don't have a secondary mail server, and I'd like to set up Exim as
the secondary. The reasons I have so far are:

1. Not having a secondary MX is a really bad idea.

2. If there's an attack which brings down Postfix, Exim will still
take the load until we can get Postfix fixed.

3. Setting up Exim to be a secondary server is simple and it can
easily handle the load.

I'm going to need more than three bullets in the chamber. I'm not
looking to convert them to all Exim. I do want to get Exim in there
and running so they can see how well it works. I like diversity in
my systems. I'd also like to be able to bring good, well thought out
arguments to them.

Thanks...

-Michael

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."
                     -Robin Williams