Re: [exim] Exim+SA=Server Overloaded!

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Tim Jackson
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Exim+SA=Server Overloaded!
On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:10:02 -0200
Eduardo <otubo@???> wrote:

Replies on-list please!

> Tim Jackson wrote:
> > SpamAssassin is very resource-hungry (especially if you have
> > a lot of external rulesets) and if you're handling a lot of mail,
> > it's possible that you may have insufficient RAM, CPU or both. In
> > that case, you will either have to upgrade, or just not use SA.

> So, what can I use instead of it?!.... I was thinking: What if I
> setup an external SpamAssassin server? I mean, in another machine?!
> (with the same hardware configurations)

Yes, you can do that and connect to it remotely using TCP. That will
certainly take some load off your main Exim machine. See the
SpamAssassin docs for instructions (you'll need to make the
SpamAssassin machine accept connections to the daemon from your Exim
box, see the -A spamd option and don't forget to open your firewall)

Tim