Re: [exim] force delivery

Author: Marc Sherman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] force delivery
Mikisa Richard wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Any ideas on how I can force delivery of messages to a particular
> domain/server from the queue. exim -qf seems to give me the same
> retry-time not reached error still and i really need to push these messages.

-qf is the correct option for overriding retry waits, although if you
only want to flush the queue for a particular domain you should probably
use "-Rf <domain>" instead. -qff as suggested by another poster is for
also delivering frozen messages, which is not what you say your problem is.

http://exim.org/exim-html-4.60/doc/html/spec.html/ch05.html

If you're getting retry time not reached errors from -qf, something's
wrong. You should post a command transcript and logs. You might want
to add -d to that command line to include debug output. Make sure you
don't obfuscate what you post (with the limited exception of passwords
or other login credentials that might appear in the debug output, of
course).

- Marc