Re: [exim] Perl and locale

Author: Israel Cárdenas Romero
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Perl and locale
It seems it doesn't work...
When I write about timestamp format, locale, and Perl, I'm refering the
point 46 in ChangeLog:

http://www.exim.org//ftp/ChangeLogs/ChangeLog-4.50

It says:

46. Reset the locale to "C" after calling embedded Perl, in case it was
changed (this can affect the format of dates).

Really, if I don't use Perl, timestamp format in "Received:" lines appears
in English, but if I use Perl, timestamp formar in "Received:" lines
appears in Spanish (es_ES), which is my server locale (I need this locale
in that server).

How could I do this (reset locale to "C" after calling embedded Perl)?

> On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Israel Cárdenas Romero wrote:
>
>> I'm running Exim from a "exim4" Debian package, in a Debian Sarge box.
>> It starts from a "/etc/init.d/exim4" script, that uses:
>>
>> start-stop-daemon --start --pidfile /var/run/exim4/exim.pid \
>>         --exec $DAEMON -- -bd -q${QFLAGS}${QUEUEINTERVAL} \
>>         ${COMMONOPTIONS} ${QUEUERUNNEROPTIONS} ${SMTPLISTENEROPTIONS}

>> Could I use "env -i start-stop-daemon --start ..."? I only need use Perl
>> inside Exim with no change in timestamp format...
>
> Yes, that should work. Since you're using Debian I suggest filing this as
> a bug. I'm not sure whether the bug is in Debian's stuff, or in perl, or
> in exim...
>
> Tony.
> --
> <fanf@???> <dot@???> http://dotat.at/ ${sg{\N${sg{\