Re: [exim-dev] Announcing: Exim-Python 4.60py1.

Author: Philip Hazel
To: David Wilson
CC: Exim Developers List
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Announcing: Exim-Python 4.60py1.
On Sat, 21 Jan 2006, David Wilson wrote:

> I spent about 30 minutes tonight trying to figure out where the Exim
> docuemntation sources live, and failed miserably. Are they within the
> Exim distribution itself?

They are on the CVS site (currently without anonymous access). However,
they are in the middle of a transition that has not yet completed.
Originally they were in a local format which served me very well for 10
years. But with my future retirement getting ever closer, it was time to
change to something a bit more open.

The most recent documentation was generated from DocBook XML, with the
XML itself being generated by AsciiDoc from a text source. However, I
was not happy with some aspects of AsciiDoc (wrong tool for this job)
and so I am in the process of converting yet again to a somewhat simpler
markup scheme called xfpt (XML From Plain Text). I recently released the
(quite small) program that implements this translation.

The document conversion itself I hope to complete in the next two or
three weeks, at which point the CVS sources will become the xfpt ones.
I may well re-issue the 4.60 documentation at that stage.