[exim] Breakages possible from 4.51 to 4.60? (also saslauthd…

Author: Matt Sealey
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Breakages possible from 4.51 to 4.60? (also saslauthd)

I have to upgrade exim at some point from 4.51 to 4.60. I'm running on
FreeBSD 4.9.

I saw some mails a while back about ClamAV support changing, and the
documentation on using saslauthd for authentication has changed too
as I recall it. I use both of these and I am concerned about what
EXACTLY is going to break.

Does anyone have a summary of such things or a good knowledge of what
might need configuration file changes or a different behaviour? I have
already been through the current documentation but since I got most of
my code from Google or asking this list (not the documentation) I am
not entirely sure I am looking in the right places.

A small, OTHER question, I recently updated saslauthd from FreeBSD
ports and exim lost it's authentication - it was complaining about
not being able to acess /var/state/saslauthd/mux (which exists on
my system as /var/run/saslauthd/mux and always has). I hacked it by
symlinking state -> run, since it doesn't exist on FreeBSD, but is
there a way to change the ${saslauthd.. expansion to use a different
socket, if it is actually Exim that is complaining?

Should I be using a better authentication for saslauthd than the
server_condition = ${if saslauthd{{$1}{$2}}{1}{0}} syntax? I only
need LOGIN and PLAIN to support Outlook and Mac Mail.App.

As a side note does anyone know of a really good web-based Sieve
filter editor?

--
Matt Sealey <matt@???>
Manager, Genesi, Developer Relations