Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Chris Knadle
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Exim4 wildcard after local_part addresses
On Thursday 19 January 2006 18:26, John W. Baxter wrote:
> I'm not sure recipient callout verification is really appropriate here.
> Aside from spammers trying to sneak in (lots of activity), the reason a
> message is presented to the backup MX is that the primary MX is
> unavailable.

Shucks. Yep -- good call.

> It may well be better for there not to be a backup MX, unless the primary
> is protecting against multi-day outages.

Hmm. The admin is looking for off-site MX backup specifically because he
is concerned about his single connection reliability.

> Of course, that may interfere with a business plan.

Thankfully, no. In this case this is a person providing a community
resource and not part of a business.

Thanks for pointing out the callout verification problem, John.

    - Chris

--

Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@???