Re: [exim] all relevant MX records point to non-existent hos…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts
On Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:04:22 +0100, "Ivan Longhi"
<ivan.longhi@???> wrote:
>exim-users@??? on martedì 17 gennaio 2006 at 18.56 +0000 wrote:
>>check your ignore_target_hosts setting.
>
>that was the problem. thanx

Just in case you're using Debian, here is a quote from the
configuration:

|# configtype=internet
|#
|# deliver mail to the recipient if recipient domain is a domain we
|# relay for. We do not ignore any target hosts here since delivering to
|# a site local or even a link local address might be wanted here, and if
|# such an address has found its way into the MX record of such a domain,
|# the local admin is probably in a place where that broken MX record
|# could be fixed.
|
|dnslookup_relay_to_domains:
| debug_print = "R: dnslookup_relay_to_domains for $local_part@$domain"
| driver = dnslookup
| domains = ! +local_domains : +relay_to_domains
| transport = remote_smtp
| same_domain_copy_routing = yes
| no_more

|# deliver mail directly to the recipient. This router is only reached
|# for domains that we do not relay for. Since we most probably can't
|# have broken MX records pointing to site local or link local IP
|# addresses fixed, we ignore target hosts pointing to these addresses.
|
|dnslookup:
|  debug_print = "R: dnslookup for $local_part@$domain"
|  driver = dnslookup
|  domains = ! +local_domains
|  transport = remote_smtp
|  same_domain_copy_routing = yes
|  # ignore private rfc1918 and APIPA addresses
|  ignore_target_hosts = 0.0.0.0 : 127.0.0.0/8 : 192.168.0.0/16 :\
|                        172.16.0.0/12 : 10.0.0.0/8 : 169.254.0.0/16 :\

|            255.255.255.255

| no_more

In prose, Debian's exim4 configuration is more tolerant with
"unrouteable" IP addresses for domains that the local host is
explicitly configured to relay for.

Please, get acquainted with the tools that you're using on the public
Internet.

Greetings
Marc